How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 75248
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Bought a boxer from a breeder in West Yorkshire.. they have

Customer Question

Bought a boxer from a breeder in West Yorkshire.. they have promised me the papers but it's been over 3 years and I have not received them what are my options.
I live overseas
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jo C
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.


Do you mean the microchip?

or the kennel club registration?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have the microchip numbers what we don't have are the breeding papers.. in order to register the dog in my country I need to have the papers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the information

You could seek a mandatory injunction in the UK to force her to hand it over. It cannot be done from abroad though. There is no other way around it.

I doubt you would need to go that far though. A better option is to get a solicitor to write to her warning her of the law and threatening to seek an injunction and apply for costs and I doubt she would fail to act then.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Her name is*****
119 Willow Park
West Yorkshire
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

See above.