12826847

Bought a boxer from a breeder in West Yorkshire.. they have

Customer Question

Bought a boxer from a breeder in West Yorkshire.. they have promised me the papers but it's been over 3 years and I have not received them what are my options.
I live overseas
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jo C
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Do you mean the microchip?

or the kennel club registration?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We have the microchip numbers what we don't have are the breeding papers.. in order to register the dog in my country I need to have the papers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for the information

You could seek a mandatory injunction in the UK to force her to hand it over. It cannot be done from abroad though. There is no other way around it.

I doubt you would need to go that far though. A better option is to get a solicitor to write to her warning her of the law and threatening to seek an injunction and apply for costs and I doubt she would fail to act then.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Her name is*****
119 Willow Park
Pontefract
West Yorkshire
WF8 2SZ
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

See above.