Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

How does it cost a consult? Stoke on trent, Is this service

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: How does it cost a consult?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Stoke on trent
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Is this service free?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I cannot find the information about the price
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot find the information about the price
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

How can I help you today

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, I am Spanish. I have a pet insurance with renewal date in May. I pay monthly. The insurance is for my dog and for my 4 cats. Now I have to move back permanently to Spain and I don´t need anymore the insurance. Only one of my animals has made claims as the other four didn´t need anyveterinary visit. Can I cancel my policies? Are the Insurance company to make me pay for all the year though I and my animals will be not anymore in UK? What can I do? This is what the policy says about cancellation: If you pay by monthly instalments and you cancel this
insurance because your pet has died, has been stolen or strays
and you make a claim for this, we will not deduct outstanding
instalments for the remainder of the current period of
insurance from any claim payment.
If you pay by monthly instalments and you cancel this insurance
for any other reason other than those stated above and you make
a claim, we will deduct outstanding instalments for the remainder

Thanks for the further information.

What was the reason for the claim you made?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My question is if I have to pay until the renewal date, as I pay monthly, even if I cancel my policy before the renewal date due to I am moving back to Spain permanently.

From the information provided to me you will have to pay until the new renewal date unless the claim for your animal was in respect of death stolen or strayed. The reason you have to pay is due to fact you signed a contract agreeing to the terms. However I wonder whether you can find an insurance in spain who are prepared to transfer your policy to them and they will pay the rest of the remaining installments. Or you can ask the insurance whether they can provide cover whilst you are in spain given it's part of the EU at the moment.

I hope I have answered your query

I note you have reviewed the answer and please before you leave JA please rate the answer given using the stars button aa the top of your screen.