How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2924
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I suffered a data breach via my local Gp surgery and I am

This answer was rated:

I suffered a data breach via my local Gp surgery and I am searching for a solicitor experienced in this field to put forward a strong case.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in South Ockendon in Essex,UK.The surgery is also based in the same area.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The breach happened in June of last year,and I brought the case to the attention of a law firm in Southend I believe in July.This was on a no win no fee basis.Letters went back and forth between the firm and the lawyers solicitors after a prolonged delay.The lawyers for the surgery utilised the maximum amount of time required to respond legally.I eventually informed the ICO about the case in March this year,and they only responded last month due to a backlog of cases.The ICO agreed there was indeed a data breach.However despite this,and after regular contact with the law firm,I sense a reluctance to pursue the matter.The new lawyer in charge of the brief hasn't been proactive in pushing a claim. I am now feeling his is a case of delayed and denied justice.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's a summary of the situation thank you.
Hi thank you for your message, you should consider switching law firms to a form with experience in this area. Irwin Mitchell are a national firm with experience in this area as noted here:
They should therefore be able to assist. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much for your reply.I would get in touch with Irwin Mitchell.