Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I suffered a data breach via my local Gp surgery and I am

I suffered a data breach via my local Gp surgery and I am searching for a solicitor experienced in this field to put forward a strong case.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in South Ockendon in Essex,UK.The surgery is also based in the same area.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The breach happened in June of last year,and I brought the case to the attention of a law firm in Southend I believe in July.This was on a no win no fee basis.Letters went back and forth between the firm and the lawyers solicitors after a prolonged delay.The lawyers for the surgery utilised the maximum amount of time required to respond legally.I eventually informed the ICO about the case in March this year,and they only responded last month due to a backlog of cases.The ICO agreed there was indeed a data breach.However despite this,and after regular contact with the law firm,I sense a reluctance to pursue the matter.The new lawyer in charge of the brief hasn't been proactive in pushing a claim. I am now feeling his is a case of delayed and denied justice.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's a summary of the situation thank you.
Hi thank you for your message, you should consider switching law firms to a form with experience in this area. Irwin Mitchell are a national firm with experience in this area as noted here: https://www.irwinmitchell.com/personal/protecting-your-rights/data-protection
They should therefore be able to assist. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much for your reply.I would get in touch with Irwin Mitchell.