UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Me and my wife purchased a freezer in the last year

Hi me and my wife purchased a freezer in the last year (hotpoint) still in warranty,we are now on our 4th repair but they refuse to replace, we have lost 2 freezer loads of food, what can we do as this is getting ridiculous ? help !
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: yate bristol, england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have accepted repairs, habit tried to claim for any loss of food, just want a working freezer, family of 4 - this has started from Feb 2019 - I have asked for a replacement as we have been patient an they have said no! we are on fourth repair which I said I find unacceptable and have no confidence in this appliance anymore, what happens if they repair an then it goes out gf warranty? I'm left with a expensive broken freezer but its constantly broken down since we have had it, I have sent emails to CEO service department but they said all they will do is send repair engineer over, we have taken so many times of work now !!!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you

Unfortunately, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, your right to reject the appliance and ask for a full refund lapses within 30 days of buying it.

Within the first 6 months, there is an assumption that the faults were there when you bought it.

If it is over 6 months since you bought it, the supplier may offer to repair the faults at their cost or give you a replacement or give you a refund less a deduction for the time you used the appliance.

You may speak to the supplier and see if they are willing to take it back and offer you say 90% of your money back. Otherwise I am afraid you would need to wait for them to repair it.

Your statutory rights are over and above any warranty that may be in place.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
no thank you