How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7774
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

Can I make a complaint about a solicitor and to who? The

This answer was rated:

Can I make a complaint about a solicitor and to who? The person dealing with my case is a paralegal.I was involved in a car accident and the 3rd party took long to admit liability and then I wasn’t told. They closed the case.It was only when I contacted them later I realised that they had closed the case. They had not fully communicated ignored my claims.They had to reopen the case and put me through the correct department to make the claim.On the day of the accident I didn’t feel well, especially by the end of the day. It was shock. I was peaking to the insurance company and they person taking my call suggested that I seek medical. As I thought it was shock I self treatment.I suffered chest pain a few days after the accident which wouldn’t go away and I was concerned it was my heart. I couldn’t run or do much without pressing against my chest.I went to the doctor and they sent me to the hospital.A year after the case was reopened I had to provide the necessary information. I was slow at first because work consumed my life and going through paperwork affected my disability. I informed the paralegal as she kept on closing the case.The last time I spoke with her was 10
Months ago and I asked her if there were any outstanding documents needed. She mentioned my health records, hospital it’s and receipt for hire car.I took a day off and contacted all these agencies and kept her in the loop either by email or phone.I was very happy to have gotten through to the hospital as they couldn’t locate my visit. The lady I spoke with eventually found my file, filed under a different date of birth.I phoned the paralegal and gave her the good news. I informed her that they will be sending these details to her and she should let me know if they don’t arrive.The next email I received was 10 months after requesting the same information and concluded to close the file as she has been trying to get hold of me without success.Upon checking my email, she made contact 7 month after I last spoke her with 2 emails. So I apologised and responded with her request.She replied requesting the hospital information I can not provide. Ignoring my last email.She has now closed the file.How can I make a complaint and to who and what points should I raise?

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. When was the accident please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3 years ago November
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She is pressuring me because we are getting to the 3 year mark to submit to the courts.

The problem is that if you do not either accept an offer or raise a claim within the 3 years that your claim will be out of time.

Notwithstanding that if you are unhappy or if you feel she is pressuring you to accept a low offer you can raise a complaint about her.

In the first instance the complaint needs to be raised with the firm's Managing Partner who will look at what she has done with your matter and respond.

If you are still unhappy after raising the complaint then you can escalate to the Legal Ombudsman

Is there anything further you would like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There has been no offer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The 3 rd party has not responded favourably as there was a delay in requesting for a claim, it can after the case was closed
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I mainly complaining because I don’t feel I have been given any advice, just asking me to provide information and requesting again for that same information and I did a lot of leg work for her to ask again.It’s been exhausting. I feel that she is trying to lay all the blame on me for not meeting the deadline

well I am unclear why they have not submitted the claim. I would suggest you a) make a complaint and b) source another solicitor if necessary to lodge a claim quickly as your claim will be out of time if you do not act quickly.

You should ask the Managing Partner to assist with this .

Is there anything else I can help with.

Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. No other questions.

no problem, all the best.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I made a complaint and no response. The solicitor were provided by my car insurance people.

How do I source another solicitor? Also can I complain to a ombudsman too?

you can complain to the car insurer and also to the legal ombudsman

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks

no problem, all the best.