Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Me and friend had a little fight in between two army camps

Hi me and friend had a little fight in between two army camps and after a few minutes we stopped and went bed. We where than woken a few hours later by police. No action was take then the following day we where asked to come to the police station for a voluntary interview under caution. During the interview there was a woman who works on the camp had but a statement in and in it she says she filmed it but was worried for her safety. And the fight was on CCTV.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have now been told its has been passed up to CPS as Affary
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It happened in Wales but I am now back in england
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: During mine and my friends interview we no comment
Hi thanks for your message, you mentioned this involved being in between two army camps are you and your friend in the Army?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
that's correct
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am unsure if the fight took place on the public road that splits the camp or if its owned by the army
Hi thank you for your message, for an affray offence the police and if it gets that far the prosecution must show that unlawful violence was used towards another person in this case your actions to your friend and vice versa and that a person of reasonable firmness at the scene was caused as a result to fear for their safety, in this case the witness. Your defence might be to say that your actions were not sufficient for her to reasonably fear for her safety and indeed if she did fear for her safety why would she not leave instead of standing in apparent danger filming? You should get a criminal lawyer near you however to assist you in defending yourself. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Would saying we where reacting The world famous WWE (wrestling) be a good defence against the affray charge

Hi thank you for your message, you could certainly try to argue that you were play fighting or wrestling and therefore this was not serious and as a consequence the witness should not reasonably have feared for their safety.