ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I have lived with my partner for eight years, all my

I have lived with my partner for eight years, all my furniture has gone now but by bit. If I leave what rights have i
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Suffolk uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, he tells me I can go but has not suggested any firm of settlement. He has made a will stating that I should have £5k and the house on perpetuity it then goes to his teo
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: dsughters, I can make no property decisions but they also have to consult me but can sell the house and buy a small flat for me.

In whose name is ***** *****?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My oartners
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Partners
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t want to talk on phone

And why do you think you have a right to a share of the property? Have you paid for a stare of the property, was there an agreement that it was a joint property or have you supported improvements?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have paid for all the usual housekeeping expenses my partner pays for the services that was the verbal agreement. I am only concerned that if I leave I have only my personal possessions no furniture now it has all been ver subtly given to charity or dumped and replaced

I see. What was the agreement about the furniture?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There was no agreement he just ordered new bed and got them to take my one purchased new fridge freezer and that was taken by delivery as well. My suite table chairs etc was left with my ex flat mate at his suggestion he wanted to keep his

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I see. If there was no agreement then you may struggle to receive any compensation from him or indeed form of settlement. To be entitled to compensation you need to show to the court that there was some form of agreement between the two of you - that if items were being disposed of - then you would either be a joint owner of the new items or you would be recompensed should you split up. Happy to discuss

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works