How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35977
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have lived with my partner for eight years, all my

This answer was rated:

I have lived with my partner for eight years, all my furniture has gone now but by bit. If I leave what rights have i
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Suffolk uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, he tells me I can go but has not suggested any firm of settlement. He has made a will stating that I should have £5k and the house on perpetuity it then goes to his teo
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: dsughters, I can make no property decisions but they also have to consult me but can sell the house and buy a small flat for me.

In whose name is ***** *****?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My oartners
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don’t want to talk on phone

And why do you think you have a right to a share of the property? Have you paid for a stare of the property, was there an agreement that it was a joint property or have you supported improvements?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have paid for all the usual housekeeping expenses my partner pays for the services that was the verbal agreement. I am only concerned that if I leave I have only my personal possessions no furniture now it has all been ver subtly given to charity or dumped and replaced

I see. What was the agreement about the furniture?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was no agreement he just ordered new bed and got them to take my one purchased new fridge freezer and that was taken by delivery as well. My suite table chairs etc was left with my ex flat mate at his suggestion he wanted to keep his

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I see. If there was no agreement then you may struggle to receive any compensation from him or indeed form of settlement. To be entitled to compensation you need to show to the court that there was some form of agreement between the two of you - that if items were being disposed of - then you would either be a joint owner of the new items or you would be recompensed should you split up. Happy to discuss

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you