Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am interested in opening an online video chat service, uk,

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am interested in opening an online video chat service
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: gathering info
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the law around that in uk
Hi thank you for your message, what kind of chat service would this be just general chat?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It would be general video chat one to one, like a digital friend for lonely people. Nothing sexual, no advice, not a therapy session. Paid by the minute.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I need to know if I need any licences. If I must have any qualification related or just be me.

Hi thank you for your message, you should not need a licence to run a chat service itself. Of course there will be legal provisions related to other matters that you will need to be aware of for example GDPR and data protection regarding individuals data if you will have possession of personal information from customers. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.