UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I need some advice regarding a speeding ticket. I was

I need some advice regarding a speeding ticket. I was driving my son's car and the speed limit was 40 but I was doing 51
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: in perth Scotland speed limit 40 and I was doing 51 but they are saying it would come under section 172 it is worrying me i
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no I need to send the document back and wait for their response I am worried about my points and fine
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much do you charge

Hello I will be happy to assist you today.

Please note this is not a chat service so there may be delays in responding.

Sorry to hear you were caught speeding. Please specifically state what your query is?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Was caught on camera
Doing 51 mph but the limit is 40 happened on Sunday in Perth Scotland
I was driving my son’s car
But the letter states it’s going to be under section 172 traffic act which is worrying me
What would be the fine and points
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No need to call
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I do not want to pay
No need to call

The phone call option comes up automatically. If you get charged please email customer service to request a refund.

​It will be a fixed penalty of £100 and 3 points I’m afraid to say.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
    I want to make it absolutely clear that I do not want a phone call and please confirm before we proceed that you are not going to take any money off my card

Just to confirm with you, I do not have control over the phone call. The option pops up automatically. You won’t get charged unless someone calls you. If you do get charged, please email our customer service department asking for a refund and they will give you the money back straight away.

​Do you have anymore questions about the speeding ticket? I’d not, please provide a positive rating. I can then close the thread down for you which will help mitigate anyone calling you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
      Yes please close
      No need to call

You will need to provide a positive rating to enable me to do so. Please do this as soon as possible. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
      it was good that I got a response quickly

Hello. You’ll need to click the stars at the top of the page. Thank you in advance.