JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I was froad victom on 06.09.2019 It was phone call HMRC

Hi,I was froad victom on 06.09.2019
It was phone call HMRC telling I need to pay money or go to prison
I sent £2000 to
MMoiz
236972
18301758
Please help

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Don't worry - it is a scam. See this link and scroll down to "bogus phone calls" :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phishing-and-bogus-emails-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples/phishing-emails-and-bogus-contact-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples

In terms of the money, speak to your bank and ask them to do a charge back on the monies - your bank should be under the consumer voluntary code so they can reimburse you if you have been duped.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,

Jim