LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

Am not working at the moment and getting a divorce, I would

Am not working at the moment and getting a divorce, I would like to know if I still have to pay the £500 court fee if am not working?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I haven’t, I would like to know if I need to pay the money if am not working?
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Enfield
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I will be assisting you.

You may be entitled to get money off your Court fee or have this waived if you have little or no savings. Please see below link that you need to follow regarding eligibility and how to go about applying for help with fees:

https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** are saying is I may have to pay even though am not working? I will check out the link

No problem. No, the link will determine your eligibility if you are unable to afford the Court fees.

Alternatively, you can make a paper application to Court. The form is below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-help-with-court-and-tribunal-fees

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh ok I have just checked it and am eligible to no fees thank you. Will go ahead n file for the divorce

Thank you for confirming.

I would be grateful for a positive rating to this answer at the top of your screen.

All the best.

-LN