Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have a joint mortgage where despite myself paying the full

I have a joint mortgage where despite myself paying the full deposit and continuing to pay majority of the bills (with account proof of all this) in good faith and assumption of future marriage i agreed to a 50/50 equity split. Is there any way i can get out of this if/when i sell...it is in joint names.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leeds
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have 2 children 5 & nearly 2, not sure if this is relevant.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm are you married?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No we're not
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry, Hi Joy
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry, are you still looking into this?
Hi, thank you for your message. If you are contributing more towards the mortgage you may be entitled to a larger share upon sale. I would recommend that you find a solicitor near you to help you bring this claim to court. You can find a solicitor near you by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today