How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35671
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

The director of a freehold company. I am having a

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm Deborah, the director of a freehold company. I am having a frustrating experience with a solicitor (instructed by my co-freeholder) who is taking 3 months to get a form I understand should take 3 days max. The solicitor has very poor reviews and implies he is incompetent. What can I do given he is not 'my' solicitor? If I'm able to file a complaint, I would like to let him know this as It might help him get a move on. Thank you!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've written to him and his boss. No luck.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Thank you!

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You are limited with respect to what you can do when it is the other party's solicitor; although you can still write to them (I would write to the senior partner or complaints partner) and threaten a complaint to the SRA. It is a grey area within the solicitors code of conduct as to whether they must respond or steal with things quickly - but I would write in that fashion; threatening such a complaint. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much! 5 stars coming up. Best wishes and thanks for the super service!

You may also wish to advise them that 'Outcome O(11.1) of the SRA Code of Conduct' requires that you treat third parties fairly. That you are not being treated fairly in the way that they are acting and that this is a potential breach of their Code of Conduct.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Fantastic! Thanks