ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

The director of a freehold company. I am having a

Hi, I'm Deborah, the director of a freehold company. I am having a frustrating experience with a solicitor (instructed by my co-freeholder) who is taking 3 months to get a form I understand should take 3 days max. The solicitor has very poor reviews and implies he is incompetent. What can I do given he is not 'my' solicitor? If I'm able to file a complaint, I would like to let him know this as It might help him get a move on. Thank you!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've written to him and his boss. No luck.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Thank you!

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You are limited with respect to what you can do when it is the other party's solicitor; although you can still write to them (I would write to the senior partner or complaints partner) and threaten a complaint to the SRA. It is a grey area within the solicitors code of conduct as to whether they must respond or steal with things quickly - but I would write in that fashion; threatening such a complaint. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much! 5 stars coming up. Best wishes and thanks for the super service!

You may also wish to advise them that 'Outcome O(11.1) of the SRA Code of Conduct' requires that you treat third parties fairly. That you are not being treated fairly in the way that they are acting and that this is a potential breach of their Code of Conduct.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Fantastic! Thanks

ok