ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

It's my bathroom vinyl flooring tiles that were fitted

It's my bathroom vinyl flooring tiles that were fitted without being sealed and watertight. Was informed by tile provider that they would bond together after use. Now almost one year later the tiles have not budged and the tiler refuses to answer my repeated phone messages. Is the issue the responsibility of the time provider or the time fitter ? Who do I return to for help in resolving this ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In west of Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: When the tiling was finished I mentioned it to the tiler who shrugged his shoulders ! Then I went back to the provider who came out to view them and then said that they would bond together. I have complained about it to them several times and more recently was advised to give them more time but my feelings are tat if they have not bonded together after almost one year that they will not now. I have been calling the fitter many times over the last two weeks and had to leave a message which he has yet to respond to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Who would be liable for compensating if it can't be resolved otherwise ?

Who recommended the tiles?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The bathroom supplier. I questioned their effectiveness in a bathroom at the time of purchasing and was assured the tiles would be watertight. The bathroom supplier also recommended the bathroom fitter
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am a pensioner and cannot afford it

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If the recommendation was made by the supplier and they are not fir for purpose then your potential claim is against them. I would be minded to write a formal letter to them seeking compensation etc and then if you have not received a suitable reply you can consider taking them to court for the money owed. happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

My pleasure. Please rate 5 stars