ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Child arrangement order, yeah appliced for enforcement

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: child arrangement order
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: yeah appliced for enforcement order
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: brighton
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: section 7 report ordered

What is your question?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5stars. A section 7 report is prepared by Cafcass to look at safeguarding and welfare issues. It normally takes about 10 weeks to be completed and will usually involve the Cafcass officer (a social worker) speaking with the child. Happy to discuss/explain

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i had child contact order , which was breached by my ex therefore i applied enforcement order , had hearing on Tuesday, section 7 report has been ordered , but i have been told until section 7 reports get prepared i can't see my daughter children safeguarding law section j17 i think can you explain more about this , i don't believe

What issue did the other parent raise

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
they said safegurding law section j17 until report gets prepared i can't see
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
what i am asking in particular that until section 7 report gets prepared can i not have interim contact

If there are safeguarding concerns then sadly it is quite common for the court to suspend contact whilst they undertake such investigations - that said if this is basically made up by the other parent then you can allege that this is form of alienation. In addition you can apply to the court on form C2 for interim contact or rather than wait until the end of the s.7 report being completed why can't Cafcass investigate the issue over a short period of time and allow contact immediately rather than wait.