How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6397
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My girlfriend and I are unmarried, we have a child together,

This answer was rated:

my girlfriend and I are unmarried , we have a child together, we are breaking up and she wants half of my business.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, Why would we need to?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: We are not on the same page with this question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


She has no automatic share of your business as you are not married to her.

You may give her a share of it if you wish to, or you may refuse to do so.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does length of relationship come play a part?

No, it does not when someone is unmarried.

Financial contribution is what matters.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you