Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I sent a question yesterday referring Time share.And was

I sent a question yesterday referring Time share.And was advised the Banks in this case are at fault. was advised the banks called it home improvements. i dont want to get involved in making a claim if it is a non starter
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk Bolton area
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I was waiting to hear from someone in Tenerife to get back to me about a week from now. heard as i give it back i wont be touched ,but then was told i have a good chance as the Banks are at fault. i need to clear my head and undrstand facts before i agree to do this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: was told no time limit but then was told i have gone over a 6 year limit which i did not know about. was told once i sign papers it take 60 days to get my money back. was advised i dont part with anything till money in my Bank. If anyone thinks i will is mistaken. i wrote to you the story from start to finish yesterday from my recolection how i got myself into this situation in first place

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we took time share out in 2005 through reasons i have already stated we wanted to sell and get out of it. we got a call saying we have a buyer.come to Tenerife. they put us up in Hotel but we paid for flights.When we got in meeting with 2 men.we then found out they think we got conned into coming as they was not going to buy it from us .in our anger and tiredness and upset we paid them to take it from us. paid about 3000 pounds. now im told Banks are libal to pay us back as many Banks at the time made much money out of it as they just gave loans out and told them it was for home inprovements

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
At the min id rather send messages as if i keep doing it by phone the price may go up and out of control for my budget

Can you see my response above?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have an opportunity to go to tenerife and sign forms and once money is in my account i will pay them 20%.i will not pay till money in my account.The amount is 31000 pounds. im told Lloyd s is only Bank who will pay interest. The person organising this for me is an independent. He will take me to Spanish people who will take up the trail i have information as to where and who the money is gone too.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Doing it my sef in UK i would not know where to start. im asking info to make sure it is all genuine and above board is i dont want it to be a scam so i do go over to that place and be told its all a scam
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will come back on here later to see if you have responded,then i will you the mark you have asked for

Ok, if they agree, then its ok.

But ask them to put it in Escrow. That is the money is kept in a third party account until you agree to release.
Does that clarify?