12826847

I Think i have been caught speeding, however my main issue

hi, I Think i have been caught speeding, however my main issue is that I only just noticed this speed camera as its hidden in the trees, but i have driven past this camera 3 times this week and now I'm worried i may have been speeding every-time but I'm not sure, I'd never been doing much over the limit but just where the speed creeps up, and my issue is am I gonna end up getting 9 points in the space of a week? and can I do anything about this and is it possible to find out quicker I currently have no points on my license but have done a speed awareness course before
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: it was on london road in slough
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: i'm not sure as I don't if I have been caught speeding yet or not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

did the camera flash?

how many points do you have at moment?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i currently have no points, but have been on a speed awareness course, not that i'm aware of

Were you speeding?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
this is the think i don't know, i'm worried that i may have been a few mph over the limit but can not be sure as itwas only on the 3rd occasion driving down this road i noticed there was actually a camera

Thanks for the information

The reality is that you can’t find out any earlier but the NIPs have to be sent out within 2 weeks so there isn’t that long to wait.

If you didn’t see the flashing cameras though then probably you weren’t detected. It is quite a visible flash.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I was caught multiple times by the same camera in the space of a few days is there anyway reduce the punishment, just feels I would be punished over and over for the same mistake

No. it is an offence every time you pass the point of enforcement.

But you would know about it if the camera had flashed.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I thought not all cameras flashed though?

They don't but GATSOs do. And I presume you know you were caught because of a flash this time.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Well I never saw a flash, whats a GATSOs?

A fixed device.

Why do you think you've been caught speeding?

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just saw the camera very last minute as it is hidden behind bushes and so was late in slowing down, but I also had never noticed it on previous days when driving past which makes me think if my speed had crept up i may not have noticed and hence been caught

Ok, well are the speed limit signs adequate?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there was one which I remeber, I'm not saying im not in the wrong i'm just saying at most i was only a few mph over the limit and that due to not constantly watching the speedometer

What was the speed limit?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
30

it is quite unlikely you have been detected if you were only a few miles over the limit.

They are less reliable at that level.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
okay well thank you for your help and just someone to talk to about the situation

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/