SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My partner and I fought for access to his son 18 months ago.

Hi there, my partner and I fought for access to his son 18 months ago. We gained a court order stating fortnightly access. His ex also filed for relocation at the same time and won to move to Scotland however since court she never moved. Over the past month access has been stopped and in 31 days he has seen his son for 45 minutes instead of 10 hours. Facetime ordered in the order has also stopped. We really dont know what to do because she is using the little 8 year old boy saying he is the one that doesnt want the access to happen. Any help would be greatfully appreciated
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: If I am honest we dont know what papers to file
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: We had the original hearings at slough county court. Bless him he misses his son terribly but just doesnt know what to do or file or the cost
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I feel she is breaking the order on purpose
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost me please
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: We are buckinghamshire based

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

When was the move to Scotland supposed to take place?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
November 2018

I would strongly suggest that your partner makes a further application to court to vary the order.

Clearly the contact given was in anticipation of the move, and if she has not moved, then the reduced contact should be increased. In any case, if she is preventing contact, she is breaching the order.

Your partner has two options - to apply to vary the current child arrangements order and to vary the specific issues order that permitted her to relocate to Scotland (on the basis that she has not moved and doesn't appear to be doing so - she must have stated in her original application when she wanted to move), or to make an enforcement application to compel the mother to follow the court order regarding contact.

Does that assist?

I am going into a meeting - but ifyou have any follow on questions please do ask and I will pick them up later.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much for this advise it is brilliant. Sorry I am at work and had to run myself. Kindest regards

You're very welcome.

If you need further clarification, or links to the relevant forms, please let me know.

In the meantime, I would be grateful if you could rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page, as that is how I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.