Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a default lodged against my credit file that I have

I have a default lodged against my credit file that I have recently discovered. It's there in error, as I moved the payment date with the company in question, who were acting as a debt collection agent for a credit card. I have complained to the ombudsman, but as it was over two years ago, neither I nor the company can produce telephone records or transcripts of conversations. I do however have all correspondence from the company. In the letter agreeing to a previous payment date (and stipulating that it needs rearranging they warn me of the consequences of defaulting. However I did not receive any correspondence regarding the default or any correspondence post the default saying it is in place. Also, in their letter regarding the default warning they say " we will report these missed payments to American Express, who will immediately register a default with the Credit reference Agencies". However Amex say that they didn't default the account, it was Allied International Credit (the debt recovery agency) who did. Is there any recourse on a technicality regarding procedure that I can pursue to get it overturned? The default was, according to them a lated payment (no payments were very missed). But I remember calling and moving the date. However I think the fastest way to get it lifted is if they haven't followed procedure.
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Chester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The default was registered in August 2017
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When the collection agency put a default on my file without informing me that that was going to happen have they technically broken procedure giving me recourse to have it removed?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They also have never informed me that the default was there. I only found out about a 22 months after it was in place

CCJ default or non payment default?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Late payment - I never missed a payment and I’d moved the payment date that caused confusion and we are arguing about ( but that’s a separate issue)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There saying the payment was 43 days late hence the default
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They’re not there

Ok, you want it removed?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It shouldn’t be there but it was so long ago they no longer have the telephone records which would have proved I moved the date. So I’m wondering if the broke the correct procedure in not notifying me, so I could go at removing it that way?

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When can I expect the call?

Just in court.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Spoke to your colleague who helped answer all I need to know. So thank you both for your help.

Great.