How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 62461
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I'm taking my ex-employer to tribunal and have submitted an

This answer was rated:

I'm taking my ex-employer to tribunal and have submitted an ET1 and they've submitted their ET3. There is a 6 week delay. I was due SSP from January 2019 and they wouldn't pay it. HMRC have ruled that they must and their solicitor sent the cheque last week. But the letter states ''Please confirm that you will now withdraw any element of your case regarding ''entitlement to ssp'', which in the absence of same, and if pursued, a deposit order will be sought as appropriate.'' The company still owe me money and I'm claiming for unlawful deduction of wages, unfair dismissal and breach of working time regulations. So I feel that it would not be a good idea to withdraw this as I want to mention how unreasonable they have been. What do you advise? Thank you.
Assistant: Have you discussed the forced resignation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes, I no longer work for the company. Can't get a lawyer until I receive their et3 and then they'll decide if they have a case that can be won.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I was their employee. I'm still an employer for another firm but lost 5 months wages in between.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm with a union but joined after the event on 29th January 2019 so I can't get legal advice or representation from them.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

I presume they will not owe you any SSP if they pay you now that part?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's true.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's ok. I'm happy to chat online.

ok there is no point proceeding with that part if you will be paid for it now. You will have n legal grounds to pursue it any further. If you want to make a point about it then you can include it in your evidence, but it cannot proceed as a formal claim as there are no longer grounds for it to continue as one

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great. So I can write back and state that I will withdraw any element of the case regarding entitlement to ssp.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

Yes, conditional on you receiving the full amount that is owed under that part of the claim

Ben Jones and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great. Thank you so much.

All the best