12826847

I was taken into custody by false allegations from my ex

I was taken into custody by false allegations from my ex (still wife) of rape. I didn't do it. I am still concerned on whatever she might try to create to falsify evidence for it. What would be the minimum evidence required for me to be charged and have to answer to such alegations in court? I was interviewed and explained and displayed a good understanding of consent but still concerned I may be charged as I may lose my job over it.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. Im just concerned of the police charging me for it and losig my job over it. I was also arrested under coersive behaviour but on her interview ahe mentioned that the bank account where her wages would go are solely under my name and I simply gave her an allowance. She I advised them in my interview to be untrue as well as it was a joint account. She had her card and access to the bank app with her own logins as well.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
There were no hospital or GP visits or any bruises she could have reported in the past regarding rape or violence from me towards her neither any communication between us about it so I am baffled as to what they could try to use as evidence

Have you been charged?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Not yet
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am currently on bail

Thanks for the information

Of course, she will lie. If she has lied already then of course she will continue.

It is not really possible to reduce evidence to “minimums”. Her allegation alone may be enough.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Wouldn't she need physical evidence for me to be convicted though?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
If we both just continue with our versions of the story how does this end?

1 . No

2 . Then it would depend on who was believed.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That just sounds nonsensical to be honest. It is what has me concerned of being convicted of something I didn't do. I was also arrested for ABH towards my child and that is the only thing they have evidence for. I have enough evidence fornher to be charged with GBH towards my son but I imagine this doesn't help me or my case whatsoever.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Same arrest)

No, not really.

Doesn't do anything about your defence.