SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I live in rented accommodation and have reported a faulty

I live in rented accommodation and have reported a faulty front door lock. I have finished work at8 and I cant gain access to my house. I have contacted the emergency maintenance helpline and have had no reply. I'm wondering how long do I have to wait or should I get an emergency locksmith out
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Heywood Rochdale
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've left a 2 voicemails with the emergency maintenance helpline
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I reported it on 29th July and had an inspection on the 28th August and reported it again and also sent an email to them yesterday because it was getting worse and they said they will come out tuesday

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. What is tricky is that your tenancy agreement may expressly state what should happen if you cannot get hold of emergency contact or where they are not responding. However you are outside your home and you would not be expected to carry your contract everywhere with you. With this being ongoing and now being out of your home you would be justified in calling an emergency locksmith, ensuring they give you a receipt and a report of the fault and present this to the landlord/agent tomorrow by email for reimbursment. I hope this is useful to you and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. all the best