Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons) (ling.) ( franc.) (UEA) ARAeS
106352453

I don't know what to do, I'm a female wich experienced

Hello, I don't know what to do, I'm a female wich experienced sexual harassment at work
Assistant: Was harassment at work discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No, I just raised a complaint with the company I work for. Its about my supervisor was doing it
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, I don't belong to a union
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are so many things to tell
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It's about my supervisor who made gross sexual harassment against me and even an assault in a staff room. Problem is that I don't have evidence about this and I don't know how to prove it. Everything he did was away from CCTV's from the area or in blind spots of cameras. Everything happened as I worked as a security officer at a Magistrates Court. Ive emailed a complain to my company and they said they will investigate but my agressor supervisor told me he will sue me that I was the one who was looking for it. Now I quit that job because it was impossible to keep working there what that kind of men. I'm afraid now that he will turn me from a victim to a agressor because of my lack of evidence. I couldn't have cameras there to record because I was not allowed and I was afraid.

You should report this matter to the police and describe the nature of the harassment and also the threats made against you. It would seem he is also in a position of no evidence. There is little other legal advice I can give you.

I do hope this helps. Please don't forget to rate my answer to close the question, this ensures I'm compensated for my time. You can, of course, ask additional questions afterwards too.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He threatens me with cctv for example that Im looking for his attention by approaching him, but actually he is calling me to go to him and I can't say no I won't to a supervisor. I'm afraid of court that I would be made from victim to agressor. I abandoned the workplace few days ago and stopped working there, isn't that a good evidence that I'm not the agressor?

Yes it could be submitted as evidence. In terms of the CCTV, when did this occur? Generally, CCTV video is only kept for 30 days under data protection laws.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It happened almost everyday, is he allowed to save cctv recordings?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That is what he said.

He is allowed to request CCTV footage that has himself in it. As are you. You would need to make a subject access request.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What are the worst consequences if I would lose this in court? I'm terrified, it's very unfair. I'm afraid that the court will belive that I was looking for his attention, but I was just answering his calls because if not, he would of behave very bad and embarrassing myself, he is a smart predator who abused his supervisor power and assaulted me in staff room where he grabbed my arm, pulled me toward him and tried to force kiss me.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
embarrassing me*

The worst consequences are that you would have to pay his legal costs. I'm sorry for your predicament.

I do hope this helps. Please don't forget to rate my answer to close the question, this ensures I'm compensated for my time if you're satisfied. You can, of course, ask additional questions afterwards too.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Legal costs? What range of costs are we talking about?

That is a very difficult question indeed, it could range depending on what he can afford in terms of legal advice. I would find a high street solicitor that offers a free initial consultation on this matter going forward as there are many complicated matters, I cannot recommend individual firms but I would get googling.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK thank you