How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4820
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Is a court order for my son to see his father however it was

This answer was rated:

Hi there is a court order for my son to see his father however it was revised on Wednesday to state that we must not discuss the current court case or adult issues with our son. Also his father is not to physically touch our son while chastising him. How ever my son has come home saying his dad told him about the court and threatened to hit him while they were arguing. He said he told his dad to get out of the room and then put a chair against the door to stop his dad getting back in. I’m wanting to file to stop his dad from seeing him as early Help have also told me they have referred and incident to child services. If I need to file whihc
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: we are awaiting a section 7 report to be done and we are back in court on 5th December.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: telford is my local court
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a history of issues with his father hitting our child he is 8yrs old although social services have stated in the past that there is no substantial evidence. I am concerned that the abuse will only get worse if on the day of the court order being made he is already breaking it and upsetting our son with blaming me when he requested the hearing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to know which form I need to fill in to get an emergency order

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

When is the case next back in court, please?

What contact is the father supposed to have according to the order?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi next time in court 5th December. Cafcass have been instructed to complete a section7. AFather contact week 1 Wednesday to Friday, week 2 friday - Monday. So he is due to have him next Friday.

OK, you have 2 options.

1. Urgent application to suspend contact - via C2 application form, here:

2. Simply withhold contact and wait for father to apply to enforce the order - but you have grounds to breach the order based on his breach and the threats to your son's safety.

I hope this assists? Let me know if I can clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you