How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6638
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I'm having a trouble with my childcare provider. To cut long

This answer was rated:

Hello Pearl I'm having a trouble with my childcare provider. To cut long story short-my children have left them October 2018 with more than a month notice as we were moving home to another town. This year they have emailed me to say, that I do have outstanding being £930 for October November childcare 2018 after me explaining this was impossible, they then came back to say, outstanding is 750 for July and September 2018. After raising this they then said-they can not see a payment for April 2018. My question really is... If I have missed a payment 17months ago shouldn't they track this before we have left... We didn't dissappear... We gave a notice so this all could have been sorted
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
730 raises from 2 payments missing-April 2018 and end of September 2018 - this one I have questioned as soon as I have been invoiced 12 months ago but never had a reply.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can they be asking this to be paid in one instalment with no notice? And what should I do if I'm not in the position to pay out?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you in advance, kind regards,-Ina

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Have you had an up to date account statement from the provider that clearly shows a missing payment?

Have you checked your own bank statements to see if this is indeed the case, or if you did in fact pay it?

If there is a missed payment, then the provider is not out of time to pursue you for this, they have up to 3 years to do so.

If you accept there is an outstanding amount, but cannot afford to pay upfront, then I suggest you should work out a reasonable payment plan with them in order to prevent them pursuing you for this.

Can I clarify anything in particular for you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Peter, I think you have answered my quiery. It was really helpful. With all the best, ***** *****

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you