How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1837
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I got terminated from my job today for 2 false alligations

This answer was rated:

Hi there I got terminated from my job today for 2 false alligations so need to know on how to act upon this
Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No I only have the one manager who was not cooperative in any way and the company doesn't have a hr
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm an employee. Unfortunately I don't belong to a union
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That the manger has found out that I applied for a job else were and he has contacted them and told them the false alligations
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what are the allegations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi one was for an attempting to steal and object and the other was for adding hours on my time sheet. Which both alligations are not true and my employer has no evidence of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the reason for the alligations is that my employer found out that I have been for another job interview with a company doing the same work. He has then breached confidentiality by contacting the other company and told them that I have stolen from him

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Your workplace should be going through formal procedures in investigating the matter. If you attend any meetings with your workplace make sure you have a person attend with you such as an employee that you trust or a union member.

I would recommend that you do the following:

1) If you are not part of a union you should become a member so that they can assist you.

2) I would recommend you contact ACAS as they can offer free individual and collective conciliation services. Make sure you keep a record of relevant events: include dates and times and a description of what happened; plus copies of any relevant paperwork, eg letters, memos, emails, notes of meetings. It is always best to involve ACAS at the earliest stage. For more information on ACAS please visit the following link:

3) Check that your employer are following the ACAS Code of Practice ( The ACAS Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures gives practical guidance for handling these issues in the workplace. Make sure the procedure is being followed. If it isn't, you should point this out to your employer. It could mean that any decision they make is unfair.

4) Contact the ACAS helpline for further assistance. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300(###) ###-####. Make sure you gather all relevant information before you call.

5) In any meeting with the police (if police gets involved) make sure to ask for a duty solicitor to be present. The duty solicitor can explain procedures and the law to you and attend all meetings with police with you.

I hope this helps. - if you can please accept the answer there will be a box to do so and give me a 5 star rating (top right corner of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Joy Nicholas and other Law Specialists are ready to help you