Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I bought a vehicle for £11,289 from a car dealership on

I bought a vehicle for £11,289 from a car dealership on 11/08/2019, with in a couple of days the car would lose all power during driving, after a week of this happening i told the dealer that i wanted a refund, they told me to prove there is a fault so i got a mechanic to do a diagnostic report which shows the transmission needs replacing and a fault with the assist steering mechanism, since showing the dealership the diagnostic report they have ignored all of my calls and letters. i have sent a letter before action last week with no response yet
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have sent my right to reject letter first which was ignored, then i sent a complaint letter which was also ignored and last week i sent a letter before action and havent heard anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

You can consider taking further action such as filing a complaint with the financial ombudsman who can step in to resolve the dispute.

Alternatively you can start court proceedings which is an expensive exercise. However if you win you can recover your money.

Before you consider court action you need to ensure the dealership have enough money to repay back your legal costs and money owed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thank you

Please rate the answer given using the stars button at the top of your screen.