Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We have been married 14 years and lived apart for 2.5 years.

We have been married 14 years and lived apart for 2.5 years. we have 2 children who are 13 and 10. We are getting a transfer of equity to put the house in my name and require a consent order to avoid stamp duty but also to show the financial split legally. So my husband and I agreed to 50/50 split but this means I would need to find £85,000 to make it equal. I do not have the cash so we are looking into giving him a share of the house
Hi thank you for your message, your best option might be a deed of trust which is a legally binding document that sets out you both own a 50/50 share in the property. It could state if the house is sold the proceeds are split 50/50 and because you are not buying him out now you would not need the money. It would also only cost a couple of hundreds pounds for a lawyer to draw up. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am only giving him £85k so in total he will receive 50% of everything as we have cash saved so it is not 50% of the property. the property is worth approximately £760k
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He suggested adding interest as he will not be able to get his £85k back until I sell the house
Hi thank you for your message, a better option would be to give him a slightly larger share say £100k, to account for the delay. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.