How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9125
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Jenny I am getting attacked on social media by the clients I

Customer Question

Hello Jenny
I am getting attacked on social media by the clients I did some building work for in uk. They are making fake reviews on restaurants near me then using that platform to say I aim a con man and cowboy builder. They have posted messages on facebook about me and on my wife's property rental page trying to make false enquiries then slating me on the site. They have reached out to our friends asking for my address and telling one I was a con man and rogue builder. They have also done this on our Instagram account forcing us to close them and our Facebook accounts down.I need advice as to what to do as there seems no let up Kevin jones
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm are you in the UK?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no I am in Cyprus. Would you like me to email you the background info that I sent to Jenny a Just answer solicitor , then bring you up to date from there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok what shall i tell you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is it easier if I call you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still here
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I will need to opt out as I only deal with UK law. Another lawyer should be able to help you.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 8 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 6 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening.

The comments are taking place in the UK so you should consider sending the culprits a cease and desist letter to warn them of your intentions to apply for a civil injunction unless they stop (and give them 7 days to stop their conduct).

A template “cease and desist” letter is available at You can use your own letter if you wish - it just has to make it clear this is a cease and desist letter, that you demand they stop their conduct, and that if they do not within 7 days you will apply to the court for the injunction and seek your costs.

That letter may well be enough to stop the conduct - as an injunction is a serious legal remedy. If they do not stop then you may have to instruct a lawyer in the UK to make an injunction application for you. The application itself costs £308 and would be made under Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Harassment is defined as "unwanted conduct designed to cause the victim alarm or distress".

Perhaps the most effective method would be to get a law firm to write to them but you would need to know the client's full names and addresses.

If you choose this option I recommend or

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 months ago.

I hope I have helped.

Before you go please don't forget to rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars on screen and clicking “submit”.

Many thanks,