How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1560
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

We are still married with my wife we are about to divorce,we

This answer was rated:

We are still married with my wife we are about to divorce,we have joint mortgage,can I sell the house without her agreement.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hertfordshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also we have son,which is lives with me
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's any law,to protect my privacy,she moved out voluntarily

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The simple answer is no. if your ex partners name is ***** ***** title deed and/or the mortgage, her signature would be required in order for you to sell.

The only exception to this, is if a court were to direct otherwise.

I hope I was able to assist.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes


ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Good day thanks for speaking with me:

Please see below link re mediators. As discussed this is usually a quicker and more cost effective way to resolve the disputes:

If you are an unable to agree, please see below application re division of property: