ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

We are still married with my wife we are about to divorce,we

We are still married with my wife we are about to divorce,we have joint mortgage,can I sell the house without her agreement.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hertfordshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also we have son,which is lives with me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's any law,to protect my privacy,she moved out voluntarily

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

The simple answer is no. if your ex partners name is ***** ***** title deed and/or the mortgage, her signature would be required in order for you to sell.

The only exception to this, is if a court were to direct otherwise.

I hope I was able to assist.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes

RL

Good day thanks for speaking with me:

Please see below link re mediators. As discussed this is usually a quicker and more cost effective way to resolve the disputes:

https://www.gov.uk/money-property-when-relationship-ends/mediation

If you are an unable to agree, please see below application re division of property:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-a-notice-of-intention-to-proceed-with-an-application-for-a-financial-order