UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I have had IVA that has now finished got a letter saying any

I have had IVA that has now finished got a letter saying any ppi due in future must go to them. I no in the past they have had thousands of ppi that I had
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bl31an Bolton lancs
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Have you got my message about avi
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This wasn't my debt to begin with just let someone use my bank account. I am a senior citizen and was when I took out iva

Hello, please explain how it is we can help today?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have just finished paying for IVA after 5 years it was not my debt to begin with just let some one use my babk account. They have now sent me a letter to say if I'm duw any ppi in future it should go to them. I am senior citizen have been for the 5 years and I no they have had thousands in ppi before. Could you please advise me.
THANK YOU
***** *****
.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Iv payed £5 now you want £44 don't have it

If your IVA has finished this means that any outstanding debt you owed has been written off.

However this does not change the fact that you may have been mis sold PPI before your Arrangement started. As such you can now make a claim. The mis selling of PPI is a separate issue to whether or not you only part paid back your debt. In the same way as if you had paid off your debt in full your claim must still be considered. Compensation must be paid if you were mis sold.

If your IVA is completed and you have a completion certificate, then any windfalls would be yours to keep. That said there are a few instances where windfalls you now receive may still be payable to your old IVA company. This is where the reason for the windfall happened before or during your IVA. For example compensation for mis selling of PPI which happened before your IVA started may still have to be paid to your old IVA company.

So basically before starting any claims you must have your completion certificate. Before then your Arrangement is not formally completed. Any compensation would still have to be paid to your IVA company.

Does this help at all?

The phone call was not requested by me and comes up automatically. We can just continue on here.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have applied for ppi for 30 years ago does this still count?, what happens if I don't sign.

Yes unfortunately, it would count because that is before the IVA. The windfall you would be able to keep is for after you have received the completion certificate. If you do not sign it, then the official receiver will have a claim on it and there is no time limit on this.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
if I don't sing what happens
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have just got a letter to say I am getting a cheque and I an going to cash it. How much are they allowed to take. I think iv only had £300 in past out of thousands

As stated, they may have a claim on the windfalls for any monies received. You would have to tell them to know how much they will take, but the risk will be on you if you don’t, that is all. I cannot confirm.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
What will happen if I don't sign & cash the cheque will I go to court

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

No problem, please come back to the site should you have any further questions. In the meantime, please take a moment to provide a positive rating. I do not get paid for my time unless you do, which in turn can stop experts assisting customers like you because a lot of us are practicing solicitors, therefore time is important for us and Just Answer can credit us. I’d be most grateful, thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I will thank you

Thank you, ***** ***** this by pressing the stars at the top of the page. Have a great weekend. Kind regards, John.