UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

Just reading a thread regarding ADCB and Moriarty Law as I

Hi Just reading a thread regarding ADCB and Moriarty Law as I have received a similar letter.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No haven't discussed with a Lawyer and I live in the UK. To be honest I didn't think that I needed to as this is a foreign debt and I live in the UK. The Credit Agreement would be according to Emirate law , not English law. surely.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ignored the letter and simply read your thread
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, didnt know you were going to connect me, but thank you.

Hello, do you have a particular question?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hello , my question is can collection of a credit card debt from the UAE be enforced within English courts system? The debt is 8 to 9 years old.

Well yes it is possible, but it isn’t enforceable as it will be statute barred. You have 6 years to do so, therefore the limitation period has expired, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.