Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I was hit by a golf ball while playing golf, and suffered a

I was hit by a golf ball while playing golf, and suffered a broken arm.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: haywards Heath sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have informed England golf insurers and the golf club.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: EG are saying I should seek legal advice, as I have to prove negligence . Should the person who did it, be dealing with it?

How did the incident occur?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I was standing 6 or 7 yards to the side of my partner when she took her shot. She shanked the ball which hit me on the arm
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I just need some advice. I do not want to spend any more money

No problem I will respond in 5 mins just preparing an answer

In the event you wish to establish liability against EG you will need to show that they have failed to carry out duties to protect your health and safety such as fences should be erected to contain areas where a golf ball might be mis-hit and cause injury. Where this is not possible, prominently displayed signs should alert golf course visitors to the risk of injury. The layout of the course should also be designed minimise risk.

if you can establish that the equipment given to your partner was faulty which led to injury gives you a shout too

However if the injury was solely caused by your partner's skill then unless you wish to pursue your partner you will struggle to recover anything from EG.

That being said i suggest you speak to a pi lawyer who can carry out such investigations on your behalf before considering whether this is one to pursue further because you have 3 years from the date of injury to make a claim.