12826847

I'm currently working as a contractor at the co op in

Customer Question

Hi, I'm currently working as a contractor at the co op in studley. Last Thursday night I was decorating an office there was also an electrician working in there also. The next day when I went in I was confronted with an allegation of theft. The manager of the store told my site manager that she had video evidence of me stealing a phone charger which is not true. I was asked if I had it and said no I was then informed that she would be taking action against me due to the video evidence. The next night the electrician came in and returned the phone charger as it was a genuine accident that he took it. I have not been given an apology or even met the store manager but if it hadn't of been returned I would have lost my job and reputation and labeled as a thief. My career would have been tainted. I have asked to see the video evidence but have had no reply. I'm still working here for another 2 weeks. Is there anything I can do. It's affecting my sleep
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Just with the site manager on nights but seems it's been ignored
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Self-employed contractor through an agency
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure. I'm concerned that she made up the claim of the video evidence and that they took her word for it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note I am due offline shortly so will pick this up in the morning, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a self-employed painter decorator with a 2 months contract at the co-op
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you but I don't think my initial query above was answered?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: What do you specifically want to know about this, please?