12826847

I am receiving threats from Scottish Power for a gas bill

Customer Question

I am receiving threats from Scottish Power for a gas bill that they do not own and is not applicable to my property After switching my gas account to E on
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hythe Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have repeatedly written using recorded delivery E mail Text and by phone
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After switching we received a bill for a different account number a different meter number The meter belongs to another apartment the owner has agreed to contact SP who said they do not deal with third parties
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I moved to a new build property in April this year 3 Flow Range road, my gas meter number is ***** supplied by Scottish Power we applied to switch to EON energy this took until the 31st July we received a final bill on 19th August which we have paid in the mean time ew received another bill for meter number G4K40023398I8I6 owned by no. 2 Flow who's supply is Octopus and has been since January this Year They have also created a new account number to cover their actions. I have attempted to explain to SP but they will not listen and are now threatening to place the matter in the hands of a collection agency. The amount they are trying to steal in only £36.67 but why should I be blackmailed to cover their errors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main points are that Scottish Power have no interest, do not supply or maintain meter number G4K400233981816 and have not done so since January 2019 The standing charge period 11 April - 6th August.
Has been paid by Flat 2 to Octopus. The standing charge for the same period has been paid by me to SP Apart from the endless communications I was requested to sent photos of the meters which I did their answer was it proved nothing Mr Crowe of 2 Flow has offered an affidavit, we were told they did not deal with third parties
PLEASE HELP Richard Wheeler
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what is it you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want Scottish power to realise their error and leave me alone
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

When you say threats, in what way?