Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I recently had a delivery of a tv from the courier company

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi i recently had a delivery of a tv from the courier company hermes signed for but not delivered. the security cameras on the premises show no sign of the driver turning up with the tv. despite this hermes refuse to give out the details of the driver repeatedly telling me to check reception for the 5th time now. They said that they will give feeback to the driver to make sure it wont happen again but have taken no action in trying to find the tv if the driver has stolen it. Is there anything I ca do as another hermes delivery driver assured that i have the right to the information of the driver but they still refuse to provide it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i have not talked to a lawyer about it. the country is United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have contacted the company multiple times providing proof that there is cctv so the driver never delivered the product to the premises but the company keep marking the issue as resolved
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The company have provided a gps signal which is correct hwoever none of the staff that would sign for the product recognise the signature and the driver marked the product as signed by customer but i did not receive it. I am both the sender and recipient of the TV as I was using the courier to send the tv to a new address

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thank you

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping to either contact the driver directly to get a description of who they delivered the item to or see the driver receive some form of punishment if he has stolen the item. So i just want them to investigate the matter further if possible

Ok thanks. The company does not have to disclose the driver’s personal details to you so you will not be able to contact them directly, unless they consent to it. Also, you cannot tell the company if or how to punish the driver as that is an internal matter for them.

Your options are to complain formally to the company, so hat they are aware of this and investigate it internally, to make a claim in the Small Claims Court against the company for breach of contact and non-delivery of the item, or to contact then police to report this as potential theft.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I guess that I will just have to make a formal complaint to the company as there is no evidence of the driver stealing the product as they never arrived on the premises in the first place so it may not go very far with the police

All the best