Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Im a foster carer and have had substantiated llegation

im a foster carer and have had substantiated llegation sgaunst me for emotional abuse by lado.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i deny this and want to know if i can appeal lado decision
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no, not sure if i could appeal decision
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no .thanks

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i appeal a lado decision?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
soery cany afford £44
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you reply on here?

yes I will reply on here. Do you have evidence which shows you are innocent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no,. in a meeting , the lasw asked me to tell childs family of her behaviours which i did, but the child then made allegation of abuse as what i said upset her, although it was all true.!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was upheld that i ssid smelly, as she soils, and shes a liar as she steals, had police involved and she still says she didnt do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of this said directly to the child

Ok thanks. The issue is that there is usually no formal appeals process to challenge a decision made by the LADO. They are considered independent and will have the right to make a decisions based on investigations which have already been concluded and which you may have been able to appeal before this ended up with the LADO. However, LADO decisions are considered final and unless they offer some specific appeal path with the Council, you won’t be able to appeal it.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you were hoping for but it is the legal position and I hope that it at least clarifies where you stand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you

All the best