12826847

Please could you send me a secure link so that I can start a

Customer Question

Hi. Please could you send me a secure link so that I can start a trial and ask a legal question? I was using my phone and was sent a link but would prefer to type on my laptop. thank you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello. My husband bought a car from a Mr Rasenberger in Somerset West, SA. We live in the UK. He agreed with Mr R that the price would include shipping and this is stated on the contract "6900 GBP and includes shipment to Southampton. This will be paid by the seller". Unfortunately the shipping company mr R choose went out of business. Once we were made aware of this we were put in contact with another shipping company (my husband and Mr R, equally and at the same time). They have sent a quote to ship the car to my husband and mr R. My husband told mr R that he will pay half. Mr R has said he will not pay again and that he has met his responsibility. He will also not refund the car. He says it is nothing to do with him anymore. We believe that as the contract states seller to ship it is not our business that the original shipper did not ship the car. I feel my husband has been extremely fair in offering to pay half but mr R refuses to pay more than another 5,000 zar. the 2nd quote is approx 30,000 zar. This is in line with the original shippers cost. please can you offer help. thank you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can send a copy of the contract if you wish.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 2 days ago.

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help,

please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.