How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35769
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I need some advice on a situation that i have. yes in the

Customer Question

Hi there i need some advice on a situation that i have.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: yes in the UK, Stockport
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have two children with a woman (my ex).. One child is 5 years old, other one is 6 weeks old. I have had my 5 year old 3 days a week since he was 5 years old. I have been paying his mother £100 per week since his birth. This week she has now cut down the time i have with my son to every second weekend which is done out of spite. I have another child with her, which is 6 weeks old. She has not put me on the birth certificate as the dad so now i have no access to the 5 week old. I have thought about CMS so its legal, contesting my daughters birth certificate and force her to add me so i have rights but im hearing different ways. I have cut down the payments to the 5 year old to 40 per week for 100 pw. Shes making me out to be the bad dad which im not, i just want to be in my childs lives but shes obviously doing what she can and slowly wean the kids away from me. Any advice would be good.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 9 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Firstly, you can make an application to the court for a child arrangements order so that he can see his child on an equal basis. The form C100 also allows you to make an application for equal time - you need to try mediation first -a MIAM. The court can order a fear share of the time with the child. I have attached a link to a book which explains the process -

If he wants, a solicitor can complete the court application and provide you with representation. If you/he wants a telephone call then we can do this. Please rate 5 stars in the interim for my time.

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 9 days ago.

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 8 days ago.

So that I can close this case can you just confirm that the question has been answered? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. Many thanks

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 7 days ago.

So I can close this, is you question answered? Thanks