How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5510
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Ben. I am 89 years of age and at my wits end trying to get

Customer Question

Hi ben
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: i am 89 years of age and at my wits end trying to get the company in GERMANY to complete my order order or send my money back
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: the sum of £ 8,600 has bee paid in full to Pileon Partners GmBIL
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi again please let me answer you questions in tim
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening.

First of all send the company a letter before action (template attached). I also recommend giving your bank details (IBAN and BIC) so they can pay you.

If they do not pay then you need to fill out 3 copies of the N1 claim form (attached) and one copy of form N510 (service of claim form out of UK jurisdiction to an EU member state). You are in time with Brexit - so send the letter first and then on 23rd/24th issue the claim. Send the court documents to County Court Business Centre, PO Box 527, Salford, M5 0BY. The issue fee for a claim for £8600 is £410 which is added on to the claimed sum and payable by the defendant.

There is a more streamlined process (European Small Claims) however that is limited to claims of 5000 euro only so yours exceeds that and you have to therefore use the N1/N510 forms.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi jim today had an email from the German Chamber of Comers to say Pleon Partners GmbH and Gulf Shipping is not registered or any company exists in Hamberg it is a fraudulent company .
Your money will be difficult to get back
At 10ama clock I email to ask for my money to be returned ASAP.
11am had reply to ask for my full bank details to refund the money.
Advised by my bank that are looking in to a fraud claim ?
On no account give them any of my bank details .
As the company Pleon Partners don’t exist only as a website has no company phone (just sales mobile)
I can’t see me retrieving my loss though the courts . But of corse I will try I just hope my Bank can come up with something .
I’m 80yo I will never save that kind of money again i have had to put my 2 full time Beekeeper men off work the bees will suffer and die so share this with others as a warning
All the best mike
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 10 days ago.

Thanks - you can try the following in that case.

The first thing to do is to report this to the Police and to Action Fraud so that you can obtain a crime reference number. The Action Fraud website where you can report the crime is here: http://

Once you have done that then see if your bank or credit card company can do a charge-back on the monies. If you paid with a credit card you may be able to make a claim against the card provider under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. If you paid by debit card then your bank may be subscribed to the voluntary code to refund you if you have been scammed.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,


Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi jim boy
Done all that hopeless. Read my case again it tells you !! Tell me something new.
If you Look the company up it has a bloody good web site “Pleon Partners GmbH Hamburg Germany.” False Address no phone number they get in touch by email. Because I was looking for someone that could supply me with beeswax by Tradex /Alabama.
I had a deal with them a pro-formal invoice -wax health certificate- wax Shipping Spec-Shipping clearance form-delivery and a tracking number. ALL BY EMAIL
I want you to broadcast it to your forum members let others know how NOT to get scammed
Again I repeat how do I report and Recover this with no detail of the above.all I have is emails
Again I ask you to read the details …Get it out of your head this is not a case of someone not paying there bill its MUCH Much bigger than that they are doing this word wide every day.
All the best mike
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for that. There isn't much else I can add here so I will have to opt out for another expert to help you going forwards. Please do not reply to this as the question will stay with me and there will be a delay.

Many thanks