Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My brother has been issued with apprehension warrant for

Customer Question

Hi, my brother has been issued with apprehension warrant for arrest. What does this mean?
Assistant: What was your brother charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: He was accused of a rape. He was at the hogmanay party and slept with a girl who then reported to the police that he raped her. He did not get any letters about court hearing
Assistant: Where did the rape occur?
Customer: The rape did not occur. He had a sex with a girl at his friends house party
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure what other information may be needed
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, an apprehension warrant could be used for a failure to attend as a witness, the court has the power to force attendance as a witness by taking a witness into custody if the witness fails to appear. Furthermore, if this was a petition apprehension warrant then it is a petition whereby the court gives authority to the police to lift your brother, take him into custody and bring him before the court in respect of the charges he faces. He has to appear at the first available court sitting after being arrested and can apply for bail at that time. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.