How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1151
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

My husband and I got married in 2008 in the uk. A few years

This answer was rated:

Hi, my husband and I got married in 2008 in the uk. A few years later he went and got married in Afghanistan and had a son. we separated for a while then got back together. we have also changed our names by deed pol.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: He told me that he is no longer with her. A couple of days ago I saw on the google search history that he had been applying for a child British passport for over seas. can he bring his son and wife over?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I am living in the Birmingham uk.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we were going to get a divorce but I didn't sign it, as we decided to give it another go.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He was also searching human rights, if a mother can be with her son if he was to live abroad. Because we are still married he is trying to find another way to bring her here. I really want to prevent this from happening. He doesnt know that I know anything.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see fi I may be of assistance.

If you are still legally married to him, he would not be permitted to apply for her to join him in the UK as a spouse. If however he is a british citizen he may be able to apply for his child to also obtain british citizenship. His son in those circumstance would be able to travel to the UK.

I do hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

You are welcome

ReadyLaw and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you