12826847

I am an employer and I have a couple of questions in and

Customer Question

I am an employer and I have a couple of questions in and around apprenticeships
JA: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Our HR staff is not fully qualified and able to answer the questions, this is why I have come to this site. Are you able to answer these?
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: Can I ask the question first?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont know if they are a member of a union or not. And no Just need a couple of questions answering
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Please provide some more details about your situation Please note I am mobile today so may not be able to reply until later today thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Ben, I currently have 3 apprentices within the company. 2 of them have filled in the college paper work and were due to begin courses in September and the other 1 is going through this process today. I have since been informed by the college that they each must attend college 1 day per week for between 6 - 18 weeks to complete additional courses I was not aware of. I am considering offering all 3 a job and no longer have them on as apprentices but and regular employees and on National min wage, can I do this?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have requested a conversation at 08:20 then a call back to be told this is not available? I hope I have not been charged the £44... can someone come back to me ASAP re: the question?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ben, can you confirm you are looking into this question please?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This has been quite possibly the worst service I have received from an online support, I will expect a full refund!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Ok good luck, I did mention at the start today that I will not be able to reply until later in the day…