Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I intend to sue an company registered in the UK,can i get

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i intend to sue an company registered in the UK,can i get recomendation of a good lawyer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: am in Kenya
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No step so far,but i would like to get some advise
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes,My company got in to a tender in Kenya and we had discussed to work with a UK company who gave us a manufacturers authorization from a UK company to tender with their product. After winning the contract, We placed a performance bond of about USD 10,000 but the the company that we were reselling its products just went silent and they have frustrated the process.Now we stand to lose the performance guarantee
Expert:  Jenny replied 12 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Is the UK company in breach of its contractual arrangements?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I tend to think so.we do not have a signed agreement on our partnership but we have a mutual arrangements that we resell their software in africa.For this opportunity they gave us a manufacturers authorization but when we have got the contract from our client it like they dont want to proceed and now we risk losing they money we put in the performance bond
Expert:  Jenny replied 12 days ago.

ok it is quite possible to take action against a UK company but given the nature of the dispute and the fact that it concerns companies in different jurisdictions it is probably best to engage a lawyer to support (particularly given the amount of money involved).

It is likely that your contract with the UK company determines which jurisdiction applies with to the Contract and this will be clearly stated in the agreement.

If it states that it is governed by UK law then I would suggest you engage a commercial solicitor in the UK to assist you.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ you can use this website tool to search the appropriate firm.

Do you have any further questions about this please?

Expert:  Jenny replied 12 days ago.

Hello is there anything further I can help you with today?