How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7774
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I intend to sue an company registered in the UK,can i get

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i intend to sue an company registered in the UK,can i get recomendation of a good lawyer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: am in Kenya
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No step so far,but i would like to get some advise
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes,My company got in to a tender in Kenya and we had discussed to work with a UK company who gave us a manufacturers authorization from a UK company to tender with their product. After winning the contract, We placed a performance bond of about USD 10,000 but the the company that we were reselling its products just went silent and they have frustrated the process.Now we stand to lose the performance guarantee
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Is the UK company in breach of its contractual arrangements?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tend to think so.we do not have a signed agreement on our partnership but we have a mutual arrangements that we resell their software in africa.For this opportunity they gave us a manufacturers authorization but when we have got the contract from our client it like they dont want to proceed and now we risk losing they money we put in the performance bond
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 months ago.

ok it is quite possible to take action against a UK company but given the nature of the dispute and the fact that it concerns companies in different jurisdictions it is probably best to engage a lawyer to support (particularly given the amount of money involved).

It is likely that your contract with the UK company determines which jurisdiction applies with to the Contract and this will be clearly stated in the agreement.

If it states that it is governed by UK law then I would suggest you engage a commercial solicitor in the UK to assist you. you can use this website tool to search the appropriate firm.

Do you have any further questions about this please?

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 months ago.

Hello is there anything further I can help you with today?