Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I gave 4k to a music producer in January for produce my 2

hi. I gave 4k to a music producer in January for produce my 2 songs and release them..He didn't do it and he won't..I need my money back
Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there's no contract but there's a payslip with his and mine name and all the whatsapp converstaions where you can clearly see what's going on

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So why won't he produce the songs or return your money?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He saying that he is busy or sick or whatever. always finds az excuse. the first song supposed to be released in February.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm Ill at the moment don't have any voice sorry

Many thanks for your patience. If a party wishes to pursue another for a debt arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the debt in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
perfect. thank you!

All the best