Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Is it correct that the drug services can not prescribe

Customer Question

Is it correct that the drug services can not prescribe physeptone tablets as appose to the methadone liquid
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester UK
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have been prescribed physeptone tablets for 20 years now, as I cannot tolerate the liquid form, I have now been told that they are not under the guide lines for prescribing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Surely my circumstances would be equivalent to a patient who is allergic to penicillin is offered an alternative medication, regarding a Doctors duty of care
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am now subject to a compulsory detox, in my opinion this is discriminatiion against me, as I have been offered up to 50ml a day of the methadone liquid, iiiin place of the physeptone tablets, which I am now reduced to 10ml a day and not coping at all
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, looking in the industry news for pharmacists it would appear that there is shortage of the drugs having been manufactured and therefore they are not available until November. This is likely the issue you are facing. I hope this helps, I would appreciate if you could rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen so that Just Answer credit me for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I know bout the shortage of the drug at the moment, and is soon to return in stock. This is not the issue I have. I am asking in general can physeptone tablets be prescribed as an alternative to methadone liquid , as I am being told they are not in the prescribing guidelines, but I have been prescribed them for about 20 years ?
in general physeptone tablets can be prescribed as an alternative to methadone liquid. I hope this helps, I would appreciate if you could rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen so that Just Answer credit me for assisting you today.