How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 75758
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had a car accident last year 12th of September. The car

Customer Question

I had a car accident last year 12th of September. The car insurance claim has been open for a year and the accident wasn’t my fault. Subsequently I haven’t received my excess back and had to take the excess out of my overdraft which I have then being charged payments on for the last year. My insurance are still no closer to solving the issue and I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to speed it up/get my money back and claim damages for the charges on my overdraft I have received
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven’t taken any steps my insurance have been handling the issue but it’s still ongoing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don’t think so
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not clear why they have made deductions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi so since sending this I have received information from my insurance
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Go on?