JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I need help setting up an agreement with my ex husband who

I need help setting up an agreement with my ex husband who wishes to borrow some money from me. Setting out the best way for him to pay me back. I have agreed verbally to do this, knowing that he may need to wait a while to see if he could pay back in a lump sum or monthly payments. Just wondering what I need to include in a written document to secure that I will eventually get the money back.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

The best way forward would be to download a loan agreement at http://www.lawdepot.co.uk - it should be free of charge to do this. You can tailor it to your requirements, so you can specify the loan amount and frequency of payments. Once signed by you both it creates a binding contract which you can use if your ex defaults. If you go to the site and type in "loan agreement", it will bring up a template which you can then tailor and download. It has the standard wording required for the loan agreement so you are covered.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you I will have a look now and come back to you if needed.
No problem, thanks

I hope I have answered the question to your satisfaction. If so could you please rate the answer (5 stars on your screen). It won’t cost extra to give the rating and I will be credited for helping you. You can come back here for any follow up questions.

Many thanks,

Jim