12826847

Do you provide a legal representative to accompany the

Customer Question

Hello, Do you provide a legal representative to accompany the client at a scheduled interview with DWP under caution
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This would be in London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I think because I never declared my student loan after claiming JSA
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They schedule an appointment on the 31st October at 11am
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

We don't do that but I can make a referral to a firm if you tell me where you are roughly?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jo, I have received a letter from DWP that state need to interview with caution about student status and undeclared student loan.
Does this mean I will end up with a criminal recorded for not declaring it at the time I was suppose to?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

You would only have a criminal record if they prosecute and get a conviction against you.

But this is an interview under caution so they are investigating a criminal offence.